Topic:   All Engine Contest?   (Read 37565 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: All Engine Contest?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 12:54:22 PM »
or a sprite based inventory,
I was thinking exactly that. :)

Hmmm... this contest may very well produce a few nifty tools for future games...
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
if we do an engine contest, we should attemp making battle engines that support multiple enemies
I am doing that  ;D
EDIT: sorry for lying I have already done that. all I need now is Gamemaker to be compatible with my code. In other words Al needs to fix the bugs in the GM 3992 beta I am using.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:17:42 PM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »

I am doing that  ;D
EDIT: sorry for lying I have already done that. all I need now is Gamemaker to be compatible with my code. In other words Al needs to fix the bugs in the GM 3992 beta I am using.
youve done this?! how many enemies and allys does your engine support? can you give a screen? im curious of the layout and how do you select an enemy?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:12:30 AM by EqwanoX »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »
Well the Battle Engine I had in Darksville supported 131,068 monsters however the on in Rokeno is Going to support a whole lot less considering every monster will have its own individual hitpoints.

Ok here is how it works. In Darksville there was 2 options spell or attack. If you attack it would divide your level by 5 and add 1 to know how many attacks you get (For Example: If you were level 7 and you clicked attack you would swing your weapon 2 times) Then you had the Spell option. After clicking on the spell you want to use depending on what kind of spell it is you would attack certain monsters. (For Example some spells would SUPPOSEDLY hit all the monsters and others would SUPPOSEDLY hit all the monsters in the first group and some spells would only hit one monster in the first group.) Rokeno fixes the problem with SUPPOSEDLY it gives every monster its own individual hitpoints so when you cast a spell that hits more than one you are actually hitting more than one. Also, when a spell hits one group or monster, it lets you choose which one.

EDIT: It is really irritating tho when GM has a glitch like not displaying the PRINT command and when you get a beta to see if the fix works and then the no multiple repeat glitch hits you. You see the Battle Engine for Rokeno only doesn't work because of a glitch in the GM beta I am using.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 09:39:32 AM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2008, 12:51:43 PM »
but how many enemies and allys simultaniously on screen in a battle, and how do you select the enemy? by clicking its sprite, prompt, button

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »
Basicly you have 4 groups. each of these groups has a number of monsters in it. You will attack Group1 which is closest to you always. when all the monsters in group1 die then group2 becomes group 1 and group 3 becomes group 2 and group 4 becomes group 3 in rokeno you will see 1 sprite representing these groups. when you cast a spell you can choose which group to attack by clicking on their group picture.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2008, 03:30:21 AM »
It is really irritating tho when GM has a glitch like not displaying the PRINT command and when you get a beta to see if the fix works and then the no multiple repeat glitch hits you. You see the Battle Engine for Rokeno only doesn't work because of a glitch in the GM beta I am using.

I know what's happening with the REPEAT problem, but I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. I can't seem to locate exactly where the problem is occurring.

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2008, 05:48:05 PM »

I know what's happening with the REPEAT problem, but I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. I can't seem to locate exactly where the problem is occurring.
I find that soo irritating :P

Fortunately most of my games are less than 1000 LOC so it usually isn't that hard to find the problem.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2008, 10:29:14 PM »

When you do locate it I will be eternally grateful.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
So, would iPhone/iTouch games count for the contest? (I would venture to say that most people here have an iPhone they can access. Possibly their sibling's or parents, maybe even borrow from a friend)

-Gandolf

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »
If I could make an app for iphone. (the only one I made is the amazing text edit screen of DOOOM) I would submit that.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 03:26:25 PM by Gnome_Again »
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »
The only iPhone I can access is in my brother's possession but because of that I can't really access it because he is halfway across the globe so I would spend more money on a plane ticket than I would for the iPhone itself. So basically if you make a game for the iPhone I would have the sad misfortune of not being able to play it.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2008, 02:08:47 AM »
If I could make an app for iphone. (the only one I made is the amazing text edit screen of DOOOM) I would submit that.

iPhone doesn't appeal to most GMG users-- we want a desktop application. I'll be posting specs for the competition around February.

Ghost