Topic:   Randomized Game   (Read 13892 times)

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: Randomized Game
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 06:15:48 PM »
Good luck with that. ;D
...I like SC but I am still thinking about other languages. I noticed Gan put up tutorials but I don't know if I can get the programs I need.
i WOULD like to recreate irpg's battle system in sc cause i like it but i wouldnt take on the whole game

just keep in mind that sc is much easier to use than other languages and requires less work. i wonder how long it took gandalf to make the earlier balloon game cause it only took me a couple hours
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 06:17:05 PM by EqwanoX »

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
Didn't he say he had templates and such? And Did this game you made have a tiled background??

But I digress, I seem to remember someone said there was a tile engine that people could use? I'd at least like to look at it.
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 08:37:34 PM »
yea thats v7, the download isnt available right now, ill post an update soon, its advanced alot sinse its first release

http://www.silvercreator.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1260901384

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 05:54:25 AM »
yea thats v7, the download isnt available right now, ill post an update soon, its advanced alot sinse its first release

http://www.silvercreator.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1260901384
Gadzooks man, it's V6 with a map rendering routine!

just keep in mind that sc is much easier to use than other languages and requires less work. i wonder how long it took gandalf to make the earlier balloon game cause it only took me a couple hours
Yeah, GM and SC are certainly the easiest platforms out there (and that's the hook for me), but there's great reward for muscling the toil of those 'advanced' languages. Indeed, it well deserves a Disney musical parody.

*opens Garageband*
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:57:19 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »
Gadzooks man, it's V6 with a map rendering routine!
theyre so different, v6 determines boundries from the map code, v7 determines boundries from the tiles code, a tile can be set as traversable or not

heres the update:
http://www.silvercreator.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1276631819
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:19:12 PM by EqwanoX »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
*grumbles something about "core mechanics" and "Meadowlark Lemon's disapproval"*

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 08:34:51 PM »
i dont understand your vendetta with v7, just the fact that it renders maps is a huge advancement over v6

also i was able to recreate iRPG's real-time combat system useing my rpg engine as a template in just a few hours, i love real-time its so much better than the turn based system AND it was easier to program! i'll polish it up a bit and post it tomarrow
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:42:52 PM by EqwanoX »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 01:59:14 AM »
Hehehe... ;D Well in all truth, I love V7, I just don't consider it to be version 7 of the navigation engine. Collision data for maps is stored and retrieved in exactly the same manner as it is in V6, thus I don't recognise it as an update of the nav engine. The map rendering routine is great, but it's entirely separate from the nav engine, therefore I consider V7 to be "Navigation Engine V6 + Map Rendering Engine V1"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:01:00 AM by Silverwind »