Topic:   Unable to access the Plaza   (Read 13512 times)

Redd

• GMG-er

• Silent, but very, very deadly.
Unable to access the Plaza
« on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:29 PM »
I'd appreciate it if someone could post this on SNET:

I've been unable to access silvercreator.net for about a week and a half now, the only way I can have a look at the forums is through a proxy site. I can log in this way, but posting gives me errors.

So far I've tried connecting from five different physical locations to no avail.

At this point I can only wait for a solution or for this problem to be fixed, so if I go missing for a while you know why.

- Redd

PS:
Eq, what the hell do you want Gigan open-sourced for? Run out of ideas?
The answer is no.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Re: Unable to access the Plaza
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:45:23 PM »
I can't get on either.

NEVER MIND

I just had to try again a few minutes later.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:50:05 PM by Xiphos »

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »
I'd appreciate it if someone could post this on SNET:

I've been unable to access silvercreator.net for about a week and a half now, the only way I can have a look at the forums is through a proxy site. I can log in this way, but posting gives me errors.

So far I've tried connecting from five different physical locations to no avail.

At this point I can only wait for a solution or for this problem to be fixed, so if I go missing for a while you know why.

- Redd

PS:
The answer is no.

Can you access any of these other sites:

adoptamac.com
silvernetworks.net
revenueuniverse.com
leadgains.com

They are all on the same server.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »
The answer is no.
I think he noticed that progress had slowed to a stop and he didn't want those juicy morsels of code to go to waste where he could learn from them and possibly even become more advanced due to them. Besides, if it's open source there's a better chance someone will continue it.

At my school you can rarely connect to Snet.

-Gan

Redd

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:30:48 PM »
Can you access any of these other sites:

adoptamac.com
silvernetworks.net
revenueuniverse.com
leadgains.com

They are all on the same server.
I have access right now. I'll check again in the morning to see if the problem returns, just need to keep this thread in mind.

I think he noticed that progress had slowed to a stop and he didn't want those juicy morsels of code to go to waste where he could learn from them and possibly even become more advanced due to them. Besides, if it's open source there's a better chance someone will continue it.

At my school you can rarely connect to Snet.

-Gan
Progress slowed down, but never to a stop. Right now I'm trying to speed up as much as possible to have things done by the summer.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 05:34:41 PM »
They are upgrading the server to newer Apache and PHP right now so access might be intermittent.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
I have access right now. I'll check again in the morning to see if the problem returns, just need to keep this thread in mind.

Progress slowed down, but never to a stop. Right now I'm trying to speed up as much as possible to have things done by the summer.
wow, i had no idea you were still working on it, you havent been around and it was released like a year and a half ago. can you give us any previews? what platform are you useing? dont let "the curse" scare you from releaseing details

(mmmm tasty morsel's of code)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:58:58 PM by EqwanoX »

Redd

• GMG-er

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:05:03 AM »
wow, i had no idea you were still working on it, you havent been around and it was released like a year and a half ago. can you give us any previews? what platform are you useing? dont let "the curse" scare you from releaseing details

(mmmm tasty morsel's of code)
http://games.chirei.net/chosen

You've already seen the previews. :P
I'm doing this in REALbasic for the Mac now, it's final.
There's a slight possibility that I may also rewrite this (or start a sequel) in javascript after it's done.

I'm not worrying about this "curse" at all. All those programming classes at college are a major source of motivation, whatever we practice I apply to this game.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »
woah! your renaming it?! you cant do that! o wait, yea you can, i actually think thats a good idea to freshen it up.

you gonna "fix" the old one? which old one? the OLD old one?

Redd

• GMG-er

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 10:29:10 AM »
woah! your renaming it?! you cant do that! o wait, yea you can, i actually think thats a good idea to freshen it up.
Yeah I've found it better to work with this title. Writing a story around a mountain with gas isn't easy.

you gonna "fix" the old one? which old one? the OLD old one?
April 2006.

I have the actual source here, I'll be taking a day off to replace the old code and release that with 2.0a5.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 03:10:38 PM »
is chosen a sequel to the old gigan or a remake? i love the old gigan (thats why i reprogrammed it), i remember there was so much hype surroundng it when i first registered at the gmd. i played through my version recently and i love that game, i had to tweak it a bit, stats were unbalanced and there was a few bugs, i dont know how i pulled off a sprite based inventory in sc1.5
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:51:40 PM by EqwanoX »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 03:17:29 PM »
Where can I download the original Gigan? I don't think that I've ever played it.

Redd

• GMG-er

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »
is chosen a sequel to the old gigan or a remake? i love the old gigan (thats why i reprogrammed it), i remember there was so much hype surroundng it when i first registered at the gmd. i played through my version recently and i love that game, i had to tweak it a bit, stats were unbalanced and there was a few bugs, i dont know how i pulled off a sprite based inventory in sc1.5
It's awesome to work on the game. It's become a part of my life now.
That's why I want to rewrite the SC version before finishing it off with RB.

Where can I download the original Gigan? I don't think that I've ever played it.
I can't compile it in 2.0, there are too many errors. I'm better off rewriting it from scratch. >.<

Give me some time to rewrite it and I'll have a download ready on the site soon.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 11:46:53 PM »
What kind of errors are you getting Redd? Can you send me the project?

Redd

• GMG-er

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 05:40:50 AM »
What kind of errors are you getting Redd? Can you send me the project?
It's mostly calling methods with bracketed parameters and too many nested IFs, the latter coming from the inventory method where I used a variable for each item.

Edit: It took barely 2 hours to get the navigation up and running in SC o.O this is so great!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:56:16 AM by Redd »