Topic:   Livin' Large   (Read 8378 times)

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
Livin' Large
« on: June 11, 2009, 06:44:00 AM »

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: Livin' Large
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:22:02 AM »
thats much more adequite,

i dont see any border line for the graphic area, does it go behind the buttons? its a huge improvment considering we all use 17" or larger screens now, the old window is much to small

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »
thats much more adequite,

i dont see any border line for the graphic area, does it go behind the buttons? its a huge improvment considering we all use 17" or larger screens now, the old window is much to small

No, I just turned off the border and made the background color cyan for a better effect. It is still a boxed in picture area, this will not change for v1.6. The new window is like 800x550 or something like that so it's kind of widescreen but still fits on a 800x600 resolution.

In the future I would like to have a new window type where it's 800x600 or perhaps 1024x768 and the window is 100% picture area. No buttons or text. This is a little harder to code though. Maybe a 1024x640 size for widescreen games. I don't want to go to sizes too big though or you will have too many people that can't use that size. I think most people can use at least 1024x768 though. You would be able to make fullscreen games with this, disabling the menu bar and dock and changing the resolution if supported.

For this new mode you would be able to draw buttons just as you would draw click-areas. Sprites would be able to go behind the buttons and they would blend seamlessly with whatever graphics are behind the button.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:52:03 PM by Mike_Richardson »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »
You would be able to make fullscreen games with this, disabling the menu bar and dock and changing the resolution if supported.

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!