Topic:   Need bug/lag testers   (Read 14555 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Need bug/lag testers
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
Alright, I'm kinda lost, I don't quite understand what you
are trying to do. Though you should get some sleep. Ask tomorrow.

-Gandolf

Teruri

• GMG-er

• This personal text couldn\'t be worse
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 04:59:00 AM »
Nevermind, changed something in the code and it works now. Now I can move on and code the rest of the game.
Max 500; characters remaining: 466

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 07:24:25 AM »
Alright.  :)

-Gandolf

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »
Argh I hate arrays. I have to recode everything (again) I'm afraid. Everything works with the moving but the piece on the first sqaure is bugged. I came op with a solution placing a ":" before the array but this screws up the math that already was in the game. I have to redo every math thing in the game and that's not a thing i'm looking forward to...

Or I could change the arrays:

[1]:[3]:[4]: this way I could do:

let randomarray$ = REPLACE$(randomarray$,[1],[2]) and it wouldn't screw up if, let's say, 21 comes before 1 and I want to replace the 1 with a 2 (21 becomse 22 then, and the 1 stays a 1).
This is prettymuch what I already did but I used the : characters and infornt of the first value, there is no :. So yeah, I'm probabbly going to stick with this solution.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 10:27:05 AM »
Sc needs some real arrays. If it had those, it would be super easy to make whatever you need made.

-Gandolf

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
Finally! The movement script is done. I tried it but haven't really tested it good. Could you help me with bug testing the movements? I coded the normal movement and the jumping over pieces.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3ymaun0mebl

Next thing to do: programming an ai (gee, I'm really looking forward to it (NOT)).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:45:16 PM by Teruri »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2008, 03:22:48 PM »
Works great for me. Both jumping and moving. Good job Teruri. :)
Can't wait to see the Ai.

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55:24 PM »
I found a glitch there is an invisible piece on row 3 column 5.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 05:01:18 AM »
I found a glitch there is an invisible piece on row 3 column 5.
Modified but it doesn't really matter because I'm going to change how the pieces are set up.  ;)

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
Found and fixed another bug.

As you can see in this little demo video I just made I began coding the ai.
http://screencast.com/t/yEQYrC0M8D

The objective of the player: jump over 10 pieces to win the game.
The objective of the computer: block the player while doing this.

I only programmed the first level of ai: place random pieces on the board and if he can't, it just skips it turn. As you can see, after you win the title screen messes up because I haven't written the killsprite lines yet. xD

What do you think of the game so far? And If you wondered what was up with the title screen?

Pai sho is a game played in the nickeldeon show called "Avatar: the last airbender" it's my favorite show. It's a fun show to watch (even for grown ups and adults!) so I recommend to watch the show :P.
So this game is based on the game played in the show, but it’s somewhat different so thats why I changed the name to Balance Pai sho (I hope it’s correct english!) and because all the written text in that avatar show is chinese I asked someone to translate the game name in chinese. However Pai Sho isn’t a real chinese word so he/she used the word checkers instead. It’s fine for me.

Teruri

• GMG-er

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 04:38:30 PM »
I just wanted to let you know I’ve been working on the AI now. There are 3 levels intelligence right now:
1. Beginner, places tiles randomly on the board. It choses a square it wants to place a tile on, and if isn’t possible it doesn’t place any tile on the board.
2. Somewhat smarter beginner, also places tiles randomly on the board but at least checks for other options. At the end, however, he might stress and skip a turn.
3. This is somewhat stupid it follows a set pattern. There are 2 patterns and it is pretty hard to stop these from completing if you don’t know how.

However the opponents aren’t very smart yet and they don’t change tactics if you are about to win. So that’s what I’m going to do next: coding the expert players.

(Also I made some sprites for the players, you probably don’t know them but it was fun to sprite them so they are in it anyway.)

And I made a skip turn button. If you don’t want to move any piece in that turn you can press it. It is stupid to do it more then trice, because when you do it the fourth time: *game over*. The basic AI’s described above don’t do anything with the skipped turns but some players might get a bit more reckless when you skip more turns... but that are just plans for the future! I’m 80% sure this game is going to finish so... keep tuned (always wanted to say of write or whatever that!).