Topic:   Click Area Glitch   (Read 7524 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Click Area Glitch
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:27:17 AM »
That glitch where click areas occasionally resize to random proportions in the editor has returned. It's a real nuisance, as they often resize to so small a size that editing becomes impossible.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
Re: Click Area Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:43:11 AM »
I don't remember hearing about this one. Does it happen all the time in your current project? If it does are you able to send it to me so I can take a look?

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »
You can always OPTION click on a click area and change its size and move it around.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
I don't remember hearing about this one. Does it happen all the time in your current project? If it does are you able to send it to me so I can take a look?
Unfortunately it's rather hard to recreate the glitch, but yes, it happens more often in some projects rather than others. I remember it happening in Silver's RPG Engine on the cave card when I first brought it out, and it's already happened twice on the game I'm gonna make for the GMG contest. It seems to happen randomly when you close a button script's property window, and I don't think I've ever experienced it on a card with less than 3 click areas. I'll email you the game.

You can always OPTION click on a click area and change its size and move it around.
Yeah, but the problem is that the click areas usually (though not always) resize to the size of the small black box that you need to click on in order to resize it. Sometimes they become the same size as other click areas, and are placed on top of the one they've copied the size of.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 09:39:16 AM »
Maybe you should try
ON MOUSEUP
 Â IF mouseX <= certain point
 Â   IF mouseX >= certain point
 Â     IF mouseY >= certain point
 Â       IF mouseY < = certain point
 Â         Do click area stuff
 Â       END IF
 Â     END IF
 Â   END IF
 Â END IF
END MOUSEUP
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:39:38 AM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:26 AM »
That would work, but would be allot more time consuming. Funny enough, I've used something like that in one of the click area codes, to detect if the player has clicked on a specific part of the object. :)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 09:45:05 AM »
You could also put it in a loop script instead of the mouse up script to make it so if you move your mouse over an object it activates it.
Hey Al you could also add some code for if the mouse is in between four points command like  
CLICKBOX mouseX mouseX mouseY mouseY
 or something like that
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:49:49 AM by Tireas_Dragon »

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 02:32:04 PM »
Or just to see if a sprite is beyond that or in an area, like:

SPRITEAREA x y sx sy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:32:11 PM by Swampthing »