Topic:   A bug?   (Read 9202 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
A bug?
« on: May 19, 2008, 11:28:33 PM »
Well while I have been working on Labyrinth I think I have noticed a bug. The "REFRESH TEXT" command isn't always working sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't Although I don't know the complete nature of the bug the "REFRESH TEXT" command definitely isn't always refreshing the text.

P.S. Even tho the "REFRESH" command works fine I can't use it due to sprite and pict commands reseting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:30:00 PM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
Re: A bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:07:51 AM »
OK. I'll check it out and see if I can find anything. If you can email me a game that has the problem that would be great.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »
I think your "no text in field" refresh problem resurfaced because when I added text it worked fine.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:58:18 AM »
I think your "no text in field" refresh problem resurfaced because when I added text it worked fine.

You're right. It happens in compiled games, but not in GameMaker itself. I'll fix that.

If you don't have any text in the field to begin with, you can use CLEAR TEXT instead of REFRESH TEXT to get around the bug.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:10:42 AM »
Thanks Al I'll do that right away.