Topic:   REQUEST!   (Read 26526 times)

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Re: REQUEST!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »
Oh yeah, I played a space game you made, it was fun!

And Guthan, I'm sorry I'll stop.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »
I code very fluent java.

Wait, then why are you using GM? Kind of a downgrade ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:35:33 PM by Gnome_Again »
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 07:37:39 PM »
It's fine Xiphos... You're forgiven. By the way I just remembered what I did with GuthanScape (pissed off look) It got corrupted cause I miscompiled something, and I didn't make a backup,.. (stupid, stupid stupid me...) I'll keep looking for a backup copy.

*The reason I'm using Gm is cause when I coded java I used my Pc. Now I use Mac way more so I use Gm :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:38:20 PM by xXGuthanSoftwareXx »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 07:45:50 PM »
Fail thread is fail.

It was me who was complaining about the 250 cards, and I actually do have a good reason for wanting more. You know, all those huge epic rpgs with like 50 characters, 200 spells, and 100 monsters.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 09:02:50 PM »
noones released anything in a while. im trying to put together the eqwanox game collection vol.2, i'll include some unreleased projects
Admiratio! Any chance of an RPG character design tutorial with that?

He just needs to learn a bit, some of the easiest things can seem the hardest when you don't know how to do it. I'd suggest that instead of criticizing his knowledge or giving him the source, teach him.
Ah, you pay him no mind mister Gandolf sir, that's just Eq's way. Eq's hard on others 'cause he knows it'll toughen 'em up. You can learn allot from Eq. ;)

*sighs* I wish I could be unbanned from the old forum I used to be on... I code very fluent java. And now here everyone's just mean (except gandolf, and silver)
Bah! You ain't seen nothing my friend. The GMG's arguments are sweet talk compared to some of the arguments I've been in. Why I remember this one guy from a PS3 forum who had an ongoing feud with me due to a simple misunderstanding on his part. It finally came to a head one day when he sent me a longwinded PM calling me every obscenity in the English language. I reported it to the moderation team who deemed it a bannable offence (if not prisonable), but I felt the PM was out of character and asked to speak with him first. I responded with a short PM wishing him well and hoped that nothing was stressing him off screen, and that's when he told me his story.

His brother had died the previous year and his parents no longer spoke to him after squandering his brother's life insurance money. On top of that he'd just lost his job and had two kids to support. He had every right to be stressed. Think how horrible it would've been if he'd been banned from his favourite forum too, but instead I sent him a calm reply and the whole matter was resolved. I also told him that Jesus loved him and promised to take care of him and we became great friends thereafter.

So the next time you're composing an angry response in an argument, keep in mind that the guy you're arguing with might be going through a rough time.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
*Inspired*

-Gandolf

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 06:53:45 AM »
*Inspired*

-Gandolf
Same... *still thinking about what Silverwind said*

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
I'd suggest that instead of criticizing his knowledge or giving him the source, teach him.
seriously, makeing squares on a screen seems self explanitory

everyone seems to ignore that this kid was banned from another forum for being annoying and not contributing anything. he also claims to know java but i garentee he cant back it up with anything, which is another newb trait

Fail thread is fail.

It was me who was complaining about the 250 cards, and I actually do have a good reason for wanting more. You know, all those huge epic rpgs with like 50 characters, 200 spells, and 100 monsters.
see, you are doing something wrong, youd have to use v6 and have the map as one sprite, cause the monsters on the screen have to follow the boudry code, so now you can have 200 monsters on screen, (i dont understand the 200 spells on screen, i would think you cast 1 spell at a time, but it doesnt matter cause this will probly go nowhere anyway, )

WOAH! SC can have 250 sprites? Thats amazing. Imagine all the possibilities with that many sprites. But really what would you possibly need more than 250 sprites for?
thats what i thought, itll be fun to play with, but the real thing is the draw commands, cause with that we can display life bars, damage values, stats, and dioulouge without even useing sprites, previously thats what i needed all the sprites for, now i dont know what ide do with 250 sprites

Admiratio! Any chance of an RPG character design tutorial with that?
you mean like a drawing tutorial? cause these are just gonna be games, but i could do a drawing tutorial in a topic some time

that's just Eq's way. Eq's hard on others 'cause he knows it'll toughen 'em up. You can learn allot from Eq. ;)
lol, its true!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 09:02:18 AM by EqwanoX »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
see, you are doing something wrong, youd have to use v6 and have the map as one sprite, cause the monsters on the screen have to follow the boudry code, so now you can have 200 monsters on screen, (i dont understand the 200 spells on screen, i would think you cast 1 spell at a time, but it doesnt matter cause this will probly go nowhere anyway, )

I was joking about the monsters and spells. You guys will see why I need the sprites soon enough.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
I was joking about the monsters and spells. You guys will see why I need the sprites soon enough.
Ooh, the suspense... Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

-Gandolf

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 07:44:55 AM »
My youtube channel has Guthanscape V2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EONprX7uZNU

I coded that... So yeah I'm gonna go do stuffs.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 08:44:39 AM »
haha! you made a map in runescape? thats not coding you silly dumbass
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:46:20 AM by EqwanoX »

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 03:13:34 PM »
It's not a map it's the coded client, and source.
Frickin' Retard.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:14:25 PM by xXGuthanSoftwareXx »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 03:43:33 PM »
We need a new admin to clean up stuff like this.

This thread needs to be locked and Guthan needs to be warned.

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 03:46:10 PM »
Really? Eq need's to be warned too. That looser is actually swearing, and completely trying to screw me. God people...