• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: REQUEST!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 10:25:52 PM »
Thats it. Now I'm motivated. I'm going to make a game :D
:)

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:55 AM »
I wish somebody would actually make a game to prove someone else wrong. There's a terrible drought of activity these days.

I remember a newcomer on the Mac GameMaker forums named FearlessHen who once criticised GM for its card limit, which was apparently far too small for his super gigantic RPG in the works. After relaying how one of the biggest RPG's ever made in GM was the Moon Fable demo and pointing out that it wasn't anywhere near 250 cards (thus suggesting that the limit would likely suffice his needs) he said "I'm gonna make a 250 card RPG just to prove you wrong." I was fairly depressed when gave up after a 12 card "pick the right choice" game.
I once made a 250 card game, and I needed more cards. But I was a noob programmer then and I could of made the game using about 25-35 cards.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 10:35:59 AM »
the fact you cant make somehting as simple as a grid is proof enough you cant do anything.

relating to the noob 250+card games, someone recently complained about sc's 250 sprite limit claiming they needed more, but didnt say what for.

noobs, theyre everywhere

noones released anything in a while. im trying to put together the eqwanox game collection vol.2, i'll include some unreleased projects
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:40:11 AM by EqwanoX »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 12:49:51 PM »
relating to the noob 250+card games, someone recently complained about sc's 250 sprite limit claiming they needed more, but didnt say what for.
Oops, I think that was me.

the fact you cant make somehting as simple as a grid is proof enough you cant do anything.
He just needs to learn a bit, some of the easiest things can seem the hardest when you don't know how to do it. I'd suggest that instead of criticizing his knowledge or giving him the source, teach him.

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 02:27:14 PM »
someone recently complained about sc's 250 sprite limit claiming they needed more, but didnt say what for.
WOAH! SC can have 250 sprites? Thats amazing. Imagine all the possibilities with that many sprites. But really what would you possibly need more than 250 sprites for?
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 02:50:17 PM »
Truthfully a while back I had started making a tower defense game in Sc. It was around when Bloons Tower Defense 1 came out I believe. Inspired, I decided to try to create one where you defended your mac while viruses across the net came to destroy it. The big boss was a pc that was sending the viruses.
In that kind of game, sprites are like hotcakes, can't get enough of them. That's why I usually like to have no caps on such things as sprites.

-Gandolf

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
Oops, I think that was me.

He just needs to learn a bit, some of the easiest things can seem the hardest when you don't know how to do it. I'd suggest that instead of criticizing his knowledge or giving him the source, teach him.

-Gandolf
Thanks Gandolf, totally agreed. I kinda wanna learn but yeah.
Also whoever thought about the super hacker thing... Equano is just a tard who thinks he's too good for noobs. I'm sure he's a good programmer but yeah back to Gandolf about teaching me, and stuff like that.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 04:44:17 PM »
You sound so ignorant right there and calling people tards doesn't help either.

Another thing that doesn't really help right now, can someone please move this to gamemaker help. I hate thinking, oh great an announcement! Maybe somebody made a game! Then seeing another post in REQUEST.

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2010, 05:07:33 PM »
I don't think that was ignorant. But whatever you say?
I mean like you, EquanoX, and Hampster are being kinda "evil" or however you say it without going into a swearing fit.

Gandolf, and Silver are being pwnage.
*sighs* I wish I could be unbanned from the old forum I used to be on... I code very fluent java. And now here everyone's just mean (except gandolf, and silver)
Everyone on the other site supported, suggested, and helped.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:11:36 PM by xXGuthanSoftwareXx »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2010, 05:22:58 PM »
Oh thanks for calling me mean. You know me, always looking for someone to laugh at, call a noob, or insult.

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
I never called you mean. I just haven't really seen you but your on the list with Gandolf, and Silverwind. Also the guy I called retarded is on the list with Gandolf, and Silverwind (and now you) *To him sorry for calling you retarded I was generally p*ed off at life*

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »
Oh ok. BTW I really do think this topic should be in the GM Help.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »
Oh, yeah don't be so hypocritical, I never called you a noob, but you called many others that and you're saying thats bad. If you code fluent java make a game and post it here. Like it was said many times nobody like it when people say they can do so much but never make a game.

xXGuthanSoftwareXx

• GMG Newbie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »
I coded GuthanScape 1,1.1,and 1.2 coded off of blankscape (completely blank basics source) I'll try, and find it on my Pc (no promises though :\\) But yeah Xiphos... Yeah... I guess you're on my nice list? I mean I'm nice to you, and said that your games, and stuff were good, and crap. Now you're just plain being mean (trying to say all of this without swearing or being mean cause you guys called me out for it even though you're meaner)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 07:24:20 PM »
Ooh, I'd like to see some of your works. I was a Java coder before moving to Xcode. Released a game a while back. I can pull up a link if wanted. (Graphics are kinda cruddy)

-Gandolf