Topic:   Text   (Read 9238 times)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Text
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:59:31 PM »
Does anyone know how to make text in the picure area of GM? I've tried many, but they convert weird. (White pixels around the text)
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Text
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:24:23 PM »
If you look at text closely you can see that it is not completly black. It is black in the middle but it is grayish on the outside. You should try copying the spot where you want the text, paste it into appleworks, then use the text tool in appleworks to write your text. Thats how I do it anyway.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

alias

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 06:50:55 AM »
Or if you have photoshop you can save it for web. Thus it has an invisible background and looks normal.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:02:14 AM »
cant you use the popwindow command?

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »
Like for a title, I'm trying to make a game called "Why We Fight" The title screen has a guy facing you and in the background there's a city on fire. It's nearly all black until you see the title, with has stray pixels around it, even when it's transparent.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 10:09:24 AM »
Like for a title, I'm trying to make a game called "Why We Fight" The title screen has a guy facing you and in the background there's a city on fire. It's nearly all black until you see the title, with has stray pixels around it, even when it's transparent.

There must be a few non-white pixels that are very close to being white, so you can't tell by looking at it against a white background. Then you make it transparent, but those few pixels won't be transparent. Against a black background it's now noticeable.

I would try pasting the picture back into Photoshop or whatever you used and make sure it's white all around.