Topic:   I just realized.   (Read 20144 times)

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
I just realized.
« on: December 05, 2009, 10:46:24 AM »
That if we actually do produce a short-but-sweet iPod Touch/iPhone game, and build up a solid base of 'fans', maybe release another one for free - it's possible that we could release a stable .99c app, and make some revenue off of the hobby.

Now if only all of us knew how to program like gan does, but we still have out own specialties. Once again, Gan, its incredible what you're doing here. Actually pushing us to develop a game.  :)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: I just realized.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »
Which is why I think we should do our own DJ game like this:
http://armorgames.com/play/103/cooliodj

Music From DJ Swamp (i can't spell the actual name :P)

Programming by gan

Emotional Support by Gnome
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 03:30:41 PM »
Making money is fun, but deciding how much of it each one of us would get is not.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »
That if we actually do produce a short-but-sweet iPod Touch/iPhone game, and build up a solid base of 'fans', maybe release another one for free - it's possible that we could release a stable .99c app, and make some revenue off of the hobby.
Yeah I completely agree. That'd be pretty awesome, though I'd need to buy a developer license so I can test it on my iPhone and also stick it on the app store.

Now if only all of us knew how to program like gan does, but we still have out own specialties. Once again, Gan, its incredible what you're doing here. Actually pushing us to develop a game.  :)
Yeah, I'm only the pie crust. Each one of you make up different parts of this pie that it would be nothing without you guys. I was thinking I'd like to make a tutorial or something to bring more of you to iPhone programming. It's actually really simple.

Which is why I think we should do our own DJ game like this:
http://armorgames.com/play/103/cooliodj

Music From DJ Swamp (i can't spell the actual name )

Programming by gan

Emotional Support by Gnome
Sounds good. :) After this project is done we can bring the next project's suggestion list up. Stick it there, maybe it'll be picked.

Making money is fun, but deciding how much of it each one of us would get is not.
I'd vote for splitting it even. All active members on the project would get an equal slice of the income.
Although at first thought I would actually like us to have a "Gmg Developer Funds" account that us as a team would put profit from our projects in and use that money to further our programming/development skills. Like if wanted, buy a group developing kit such as a team RealBasic software that we all can benefit from.

-Gandolf

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 07:09:19 PM »
It would be cool if money goes to a GMG fund like you said, but it pays for the site and for contests. So we can have more of those.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 10:58:32 AM »
GMG fund sounds good, like an account where we store earnings to make the site better?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 01:33:59 PM »
Yeah, also maybe advertise and if wanted to pay a piece of what was made to the developers.

-Gandolf

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »
I see a lot of apps with video advertisements before they begin, maybe that could be done and Gandolf and Warhampster and whoever else worked on could get a percentage of the money from that.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 12:29:38 PM »
Ah yes, it's possible we could do such things. If we wanted to go a step further, we could make great quality games for free but make our income from ads. Then have versions of the game without ads for 99 cents.

-Gandolf
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 12:30:32 PM by Gandolf »

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »
And make a company called GMG Apps

That'd be great.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 01:33:53 PM by Xiphos »

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 07:08:43 PM »
gandalf should take lead of the project sinse hes doing most of the work already, keep whoever made the tiles to finish the art, fire everyone else(cause theyre not needed) and sell it as a dollar RPG
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:09:14 PM by EqwanoX »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »
gandalf should take lead of the project sinse hes doing most of the work already, keep whoever made the tiles to finish the art, fire everyone else(cause theyre not needed) and sell it as a dollar RPG
Or, set fire to everyone else. That'd create a sense of urgency.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »
Or, set fire to everyone else. That'd create a sense of urgency.
Ahahahah(QOTM?), don't worry. I'll do neither. We shall figure out all this money business later when the game is finished. Until then, let us keep our sights focused on the real goal: to make an awesome rpg!

-Gandolf

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:16:14 PM »
Honestly I think the only people who did work were Gandolf and WarHampster. I was absent for most of the project but from what I've read so far it seems that way.

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 08:29:32 PM »
Let us see...
Silver created the tiles, also provided a storyline.
WarHampster re-vamped the tiles.
Gnome created the main menu interface.
Other people provided ideas, support, ect...

Did I miss anyone and something else they may have done?

-Gandolf