Topic:   Random stuff you've made in HTML5 GM   (Read 5121 times)

Circuit

• GMG-er

• blast from the past
Random stuff you've made in HTML5 GM
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »
... or "things that you've made in HTML5 GM which are kind of cool, but which you can't justify creating a new topic for."

What have you guys been doing in HTML5 GM?  Other than the new version of Space Marine, and a couple of little signature scripts, I don't think I've heard about anything being made with it.  But I have a feeling that you guys have been making things and just not mentioning them.  I know I have.  Let's share what we've been making.

This is my latest creation.  This is going to be at the core of the map-making tool for my artillery game, which I'm shifting from SC into HTML5 GM.  You place points on the screen, and the program generates a curve that touches all of the points.  The curve is very smooth, although sometimes unpredictable.  I find it entertaining.   :D
http://gamemakersgarage.com/html5/HTML5-ShareGame.php?gameID=252
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:53:23 PM by Circuit »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Random stuff you've made in HTML5 GM
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
Haha, that's awesome!

At first it was like all smooth. 8) Then it was like all crazy. :o And then it completely vanished.  ???

Epic work. I've been contemplating on stuff I want to make. I have an idea for a nice little game. I'm sorta debating if I should do it in the HTML5 GM or try it in the Unity engine.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »
I tried to make lights by using a pixel canvas, and drawing pixels with alpha based on their distance from a point. But the pixel canvas draws over everything and wrecks it because I only have one layer... I haven't done much else besides mess with Space Marine actually. :-\
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:23:43 PM by Connors »
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:16:24 PM »
When I start on my games(which I've just decided will be in the HTML5 GM), I'll probably add layers to make my life easier.
So I might start tomorrow. Layer implementation.