Topic:   Game In Development: GEKKO   (Read 5712 times)

KC Legyyn

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• Gan is so awesome.
Game In Development: GEKKO
« on: June 09, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »
Okay. To start this out, hello there fellow spriters, my name is KC Legyyn (that's pronounced K-C Le-gin). I'm working on a gaming project that is now unknown to people around the world. For the programs that I'm using are Multimedia Fusion 2, WordPad, Microsoft Paint, VGM Music Maker, and Audacity. I apparently work in a 5 man crew to make a 16-bit game that'll be release for the PC and hopefully get published by a 3rd-Party Company. This started out in July of 2009, but the demo isn't done. The Engine itself is completed though.
Now, I realize that I'm doing most of the work. So what I need is 3 - 5 more Sprite Artists to assist me into completing this game.

What I need is the following:
 I need info about yourself (Name, Location (Country), experience in sprite making (# of years).
 I would also need a demo of your work in any kinds of medium (Original Sprites or Custom Poses, Flash Animations, Sprite Comics, etc.)

Nothing special at all. Also, if any of you want to be the official testers, or come up with some Video Game Tunes (must be in a Wav format or a Midi format) (I recommend VGM Music Maker because it's used for Genesis Style music, but work with what's best for you), ask me that as well.

-> censored <-

When you're done with the info, send it to this specify email address! If you want full info on the game (characters, stages, enemies, or even try out the complete engine), message me in that email address. Any other questions can be answered in the email or on this forum.

Info:
My game is called Gekko. It's a 16-bit Side-Scrolling Platforming game mixed with Beat-Em-Up. This game will be released on the PC in the near future, the Japanese title is: ギ工ック: 英雄の夜明け which means Giekku: Eiyuu no Yoake - Gekko: Dawn of a Hero.

Story:
At our same time zone, but in a galaxy far away from us, lived a planet and it's two moons. The planet was called Reptonia, and the two moons were called Lunamis and Skoler. In Reptonia, there live anthropomorphic reptiles, amphibians and regular (and some supernatural) bugs. Anyway, it was a beautiful night when suddenly, 7 strange meteors, started to enter the planet's atmosphere and landed in 7 different locations. Hundreds of people started to wonder about these meteors, but something strange happen. The meteors show some strange black aura, and transformed into deadly beasts, and this was happening all over the world! No one was brave enough to fight those monsters, not even the 7 Dragon Emperors since they were on a 250 year search to find the Dragon Lord, but there was one, odd guy who was brave enough to stop these monster. He had the power to strech up to 10 feet, he's blue and tough all around... Yes! His name was Gekko!

Other info: You play as Gekko, an anthropomorphic rephibian (the race known in Reptonia; can be either a reptile or an amphibian) who has the power to strech in form. He'll be travelling in 7 different levels to reach to the end of his journey. His power ups are Mutation Medallions, which are special medals that when touched, can change Gekko's form.

I would provide more info, but that's all you'll get. If you are chosen to help me, you'll see the concept art, the engine, sprite sheets and etc.

Hope to hear from you!

- KC Legyyn~
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:36:21 PM by Gan »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Game In Development: GEKKO
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
KC, you registered 2 minutes before you finished this post.

Therefore I must assume that all this text is a copy and paste. This forum isn't so much of a place to look for free workers, instead it's a place to actually build your game at.
If you want free help, you're going to have to become a part of the community.

P.S. I don't believe you are a spam bot cause no spam bot has been able to get past my security measures....
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 09:37:54 PM by Gan »

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
I ought to compile some of the sprites I've made and get back to you, KC. Mind if we call you KC?

@Gan: There's nothing wrong with asking, I would probably try multiple forums if I was making a large scale project like this. You'd be surprised how many people come on the internet because they just need something to do. ;)
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:42:45 AM »
The only problem with this post is it smells of advertising. Chances are he posted and left. Never to return and never to read any reply posts.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 07:14:38 PM »
He said "fellow spriters" at the beginning, implying that this was first posted on some kind of spriting community and reposted from there.  He obviously doesn't know that the only spriters we've had are Silver and Connors, and no offense to those guys, but they might not be up to the level that this guy is looking for.    ;D

Still, no harm in trying, and I'm happy for the extra forum activity.   :)

KC Legyyn

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• Gan is so awesome.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »
Well, in all honesty. To try and respond to all of the questions. Yes, I did copy and paste it from an original topic from my other post on The Spriter's Resource Fourms. I worked on this project for about 4 years and haven't accomplished a thing on the full game or even the demo. I wouldn't mind being a part of the community, I just need the time to figure all of this out. KC is fine by the way. I would reply to any questions, I've just been busy. Thank you for the information. Have a good day!

- KC Legyyn~

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
Well then... Welcome to the GMG!

We have quite a few skilled members, in fact, many previous descendants of this forum are legends.
Ever watch Charlie the Unicorn? Yeah, SecretAgentBob(the creator), was a member of the GM forum and is a member of the GMG forum(which sort of evolved from the GM forum).

Anywho, I'd like to know a bit more about you and your project. Are you a programmer? Artist? What's your game about?

I'm sure if you made a detailed thread of your project, people would love to chime in.

P.S. If you hang around the chat box, you'll probably be able to catch a few members.

VeronaNat

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• Gan is so awesome.
-
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 07:09:06 PM »
Please put the title of your game as the beginning of the thread title so people can keep track of which threads belong to which game.

For example;
Medieval Coven - Morgana's Room
Rough Streets - Clinic

Thank you.