Topic:   Tiled   (Read 7907 times)

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
Tiled
« on: May 05, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »
I didn't quite know where to put this but I thought this was the right place any-who...
I tried out a program called tiled, I think I found it on these forums, but I can't remember where, anyways I made a map with it (for SilverStone RPG) and I used Silverwind's tileset, and when I saved it as a png it made the boarders two pixels in length instead of one, and i want to know how to set it so that it can skip over the black boarder. I saw the skip thing but it doesn't seem to work for me. Does anyone know how to use this program?
http://www.mapeditor.org/

EDIT: also when I import the tile set it messes up how the things are lined up. Whoever it was that posted about this, can you please make a tutorial of some kind please? I'm not very good with graphics programs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:21:04 PM by KurtManion »
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Charlo

• GMG-er

Re: Tiled
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
I've used that program.  I could never get the export functionality to work properly, so I would just open up the "Preview" application (should be in your Applications folder, although I've got it on my dock since I use it so much), go to File->Grab->Selection, then just select the area of the map I wanted to export.  

Also, you have to make sure that you import tilesets as the right grid size or they will be messed up.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 05:00:05 PM by Charlo »

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »
okay cool. Just one more question what do you do to skip over say... one pixel every 22, just like getting rid of the boarders. It's a very neat program, and will speed up post-production a lot!
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

peter1221

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• Gan is so awesome.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 01:11:48 AM »
Hope more people will read this article keep up the good work This Article is Awesome. It’s help me a lot. Please keep up your good work. We are always with you and Waiting for your new interesting articles Superheroes Movies Jackets

peter1221

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• Gan is so awesome.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 01:14:09 AM »
Really enjoyed reading your blog.It is highly informative and builds great interest for the readers. For the people like us your blogs helps to get ideal information and knowledge. Thanks for providing such blogs. Superheroes Suits

peter1221

• GMG Newbie

• no avatar

• Gan is so awesome.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 01:16:15 AM »
Wow its a very good post. The information provided by you is really very good and helpful for me. Keep sharing good information.I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog Superheroes Blogs