Topic:   Custom cursors   (Read 18417 times)

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
Re: Custom cursors
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 12:22:16 AM »
A better way might be to do it with a timer.

I don't think there's an ON MOUSEMOVE event, but that would be the best way to do it.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 10:02:21 AM »
You shouldn't need a REPEAT loop. Just check the Loop Script option. That will keep running the script.

SETCURSOR -1 makes the cursor invisible. Works here. However it becomes visible when you are above the window, so you can select menus and when you are in the button area, so you can click a button. Perhaps I should change it so it's only visible when you are at the top in the menu bar.

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »
A better way might be to do it with a timer.

I tried doing it without a timer, and it works, but the new cursor doesn't follow it as exactly, and smoothly as the repeat command does. The repeat method makes the image look more like a custom cursor, and less like some random SPRITE following your invisible cursor
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
Uhh, this is great, but I can't click anything with new mouse, and none of the background shows up. Plus the setcursor -1 thing doesn't work here either.
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

GMG Kurt

• GMG-er

• Sorry for being such a noob
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 04:34:15 PM »
Uhh, this is great, but I can't click anything with new mouse, and none of the background shows up. Plus the setcursor -1 thing doesn't work here either.
The background might not be showing up if it's a sprite also. I don't know if thats how you have it set up. I tried that once to re-create an NES style game, but it was to complicated for me back then.
Maybe you should try changing the sprite number to something else, you know your not using.
Just your average Weekend Warrior.
Yes I know I have bad spelling, it's what makes me such a good programmer!

"Old art, weather magnificent or wretched, is always the raw material of new art. The artist's job, though, is to

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »
How do you get a custom cursor to work with SETCURSOR?
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!