Topic:   Lack of links to GM, SC, or GMGwiki   (Read 26542 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Lack of links to GM, SC, or GMGwiki
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »
Yeah, check it out. I moved to York awhile back to be with my Grandfather in his final months. It was my Grandfather who introduced me to Jesus and made me a born again Christian.
Wow. :)

-Gan

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
The design looks sweet. If Silver would be up for it, I'd give him full FTP privileges and he could setup his version. But I have a feeling this would require more than one admin.

I was going to streamline the submission process by making a protected RSS feed of updates that admins can approve/deny. Maybe this is something you could incorporate into your site to make it easier to update.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »
I'd be thrilled to design the new site but I'm still quite a beginner and know very little about web technology. I write clean, readable code though, so if a second webmaster was willing to jump onboard he/she could handle anything I can't, such as RSS feeds, AJAX and whatnot.

I'd certainly devote allot of time into maintaining the site and providing frequent updates. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:51:13 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
I'm currently taking an AJAX class but I doubt I would be able to implement anything.  I also know PHP but, again, I wouldn't want to take chances on an already-established site like this one.  So I guess this post isn't really necessary.   :P

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2010, 02:10:15 AM »
I start Spring break this Friday, so I'll set you up with admin/FTP privileges then.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2010, 07:18:24 AM »
Cool! Thanks Ghost. :)

EDIT:

I think it's really shaping up now:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:07:58 AM by Silverwind »

alias

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

Just messed around in photoshop for a few minutes, not sure it will suit the style of the site tho.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 09:10:58 PM »
Oh hey, I love the softness of the drop shadow. :)

alias

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2010, 01:01:47 AM »
Oh hey, I love the softness of the drop shadow. :)

Thanks, its actually not a drop shadow its two gradients overlayed on each other with different lengths. Makes it nice and soft and "3d".

Yours is probably more apt, it has more of a home brew feel that is needed for this place. I can see a few things id change though. Perhaps you would like to collaborate?
 :D

Also btw im well versed in xhtml/css

EDIT:

Spent half an hour doing a little mockup.

EDIT 2: I just realised I uploaded the version with the bad content text, oh well just ignore it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 02:19:41 AM by alias »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 05:41:36 AM »
Thanks, its actually not a drop shadow its two gradients overlayed on each other with different lengths.
Yup, I use it myself. :)

Perhaps you would like to collaborate?
I certainly would, but two prominent designers will inevitably conflict. I'm all for giving it a shot though.

Spent half an hour doing a little mockup.
Very nice indeed! I've always despised IE's green, but that's a personal taste, hehe...

alias

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 06:33:06 AM »
Yup, I use it myself. :)

I certainly would, but two prominent designers will inevitably conflict. I'm all for giving it a shot though.

Very nice indeed! I've always despised IE's green, but that's a personal taste, hehe...

The colour is easy to change, I literally just picked a random colour. Could easily be improved.

Ive worked on heaps of collaborative projects before, shouldnt be a problem, im pretty flexible.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
I personally prefer Silver's layout. Bigger Pictures :P
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
I also like silver's but I think a cross between both would work.

alias

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 06:04:03 PM »
I might just steal Silvers layout to be honest. I didnt really put much effort into the actual layout of images and text, I think that kind of a cross would work however my design is way to professional (and by that I mean business and trend oriented), GMG needs something with a community feel to it, which is what SIlver's does, but I cant still see lots small things id add/change =D

Im more used to doing client work who want something for a business, im a bit rust on my "friendly community" style of design. Damn web 2.0 sucks the creativity out of designers.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
Are you guys updating most pages show this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User timjurka already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/timjurka/gamemakersgarage.com/content/gmgdb.php on line 6
I cannot connect to the database because: User timjurka already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections