Topic:   Lack of links to GM, SC, or GMGwiki   (Read 26540 times)

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
Re: Lack of links to GM, SC, or GMGwiki
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 09:08:44 PM »
IE 6 is the real beast that most people have to murder. Youtube is actually phasing out support for it soon, yet most schools and businesses still use it as the only available browser.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:14 AM »
If you run in a browser older than Firefox 2.5+, Safari 3+, or IE 7+, you're going to lose pretty much all of the advanced functionality of the new GMG. However, you'll still be able to browse the website, post on the forums, etc. Just the new AJAX search features, JQuery sortable tables, and new content submission system. For content submission, I'm looking at a peer-review system where forum moderators get an RSS feed of the latest submitted content. They can either approve, edit/approve, or reject each content submission. This will drastically cut submission times, and also improve the quality of content submitted here.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
Still planning to redesign the site to increase moderation. It'll be more centered around the wiki, and most of the tabs on the left will be consolidated into a community-run wiki with these forums.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 11:22:49 PM »
Neat! Will it be super shiny new design or a spruced up rendition of the current one? I'd love to see brighter colours and a more graphically orientated interface for downloads. Something like this:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:25:14 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 06:10:17 AM »
 :o Shiney...

-Gan

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 06:32:10 AM »
Wow that looks great Silver!

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 07:30:35 AM »
That looks great Silver, but I like how the current site retains the feel of the old GMG.   ;)

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 10:13:42 AM »
thats SO much better, im for useing that design

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
Well it's just concept, but I've been working at it some more:

Ignore the sidebar on the news page, that's just experimenting. I think people would  be much more inclined to make games with a trendy downloads page. I know I would. ;D

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 02:49:24 PM »
I think this would bump up our user base quite a bit. :) Like moths to a lamp.

-Gan
P.S. Your design company name is York?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:50:04 PM by Gandolf »

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »
Shiny indeed  :o

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 03:36:20 PM »
we need someone more enthusiastic than ghost to handle things, someone whos here and knows whats going on so when someone releases something theyll automatically add it to the downloads instead of haveinig to submit it and wait for it to never get put up, also that person could post news updates when things are released or when something happens to basically track whats going on, the news should be like a timeline of what happens

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »
That'd be quite a responsibility for one person... Maybe if a few or a group had that power who were also avid members...

-Gan

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 04:58:33 PM »
P.S. Your design company name is York?
Yeah, check it out. I moved to York awhile back to be with my Grandfather in his final months. It was my Grandfather who introduced me to Jesus and made me a born again Christian.

The website's nearly finished, me and my dad just need to stick a photo on the homepage and scan more of our portfolio.

we need someone more enthusiastic than ghost to handle things, someone whos here and knows whats going on so when someone releases something theyll automatically add it to the downloads instead of haveinig to submit it and wait for it to never get put up, also that person could post news updates when things are released or when something happens to basically track whats going on, the news should be like a timeline of what happens
Website maintenance is allot of work though. The current design appeals to me because it's fairly easy to update (with it being so text oriented), but a design like my concept requires allot more graphic preparation, such as when a new game is released. I still think it'd be worth the effort though, and I'd gladly invest my own time into it. :)

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

that sounds like silver
ghost does update sometimes but notfrequently any more