Topic:   Shout Box   (Read 9222 times)

Xiphos

• GMG-er

Re: Shout Box
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 05:10:14 PM »
I think it'd be much better than using Msn because many of us visit the forum quite frequently. Having a shoutbox would mean we can talk to everyone all at once in real time without needing to open or download a separate application.
Here's a great example: http://www.devogeninteractive.com/forum/
Plus a bit of example text of some things people may say:
A place where we want to place text for everyone to see, but not worthy enough to make a post about it. Plus it's a bit more convenient.

-Gandalf
Misspelling your own name!!! Bahahhahaha

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 02:01:22 PM »
Check out the name of the guy who posted it. Then look at the date. ;)

-Gandolf

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 02:19:51 PM »
Gasp

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »
chatrooms are lame, although they probly need one for group projects, those topics are running into 20 pages
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:16:05 AM by EqwanoX »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 11:43:37 AM »
we can still use the iChat room GMG
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 11:50:26 AM »
Yeah, I'd still love to try that out sometime. Someone arrange a date.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »
chatrooms are lame, although they probly need one for group projects, those topics are running into 20 pages
Chatrooms are very inconvenient. Have to be all on at the same time... eventually you run out of things to say... then it's as if you're just waiting for someone to think of something to say.

Yeah, shout boxes on the other hand are like the offspring of a strange marriage between forums and chatrooms. What you say sticks, everyone can read it, you can talk to someone in real time or even over a period of time. People can be on whenever to get the memo, not all at the same time.
It's just convenient for time(doesn't have to be scheduled) and speed(posts are all in one spot and they are usually quite short).

Yeah, I'd still love to try that out sometime. Someone arrange a date.
I'm not good with planned events, usually I only plan... a day ahead. Unless there's something massive sticking out in my schedule. So if we plan anything, chances are I'll have something else land on that spot. Though if wanted, I could keep the Gmg chat infinitely open on my Mac so I can catch you guys whenever you're on.

-Gandolf