Topic:   Mod Power   (Read 9477 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Mod Power
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 07:29:53 PM »
That "request" thread which turned into a flamewar was an outlier on this forum in that it actually deserved a lock; the GMG seems to be civil most of the time.
I suppose locking the topic would work, although it seems silly having to lock a topic when people could easily solve the problem themselves by not posting. Hammy and Xi were actively involved in the debate, and yet now they want mods to silence it! ::)

It's also worth noting that the old GMG also had the same moderation style, with several of the more active members having the "GMG" title affixed to the beginning of their names despite the fact that they didn't actually do much for the GMG.
I don't think Ghost granted moderation duties as a reward, so whether or not mods actively contribute to the game or resource pools is quite irrelevant. Ghost merely wanted a few extra hands to keep the forum clean in his absence.

btw Charlo, it's nice to see you back! :) What've you been up to?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 07:35:21 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 08:42:49 PM »
Hammy and Xi were actively involved in the debate, and yet now they want mods to silence it! ::)

What can I say? Debates are fun!

Or Eq said it best with flame wars are fun!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:43:18 PM by Xiphos »

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
btw Charlo, it's nice to see you back! :) What've you been up to?

My main computer (a windows 7 PC) conked out when it was only a month old, so while it's repaired I'm stuck on this MacBook.  :P

Work on GameMaker projects has been slow but is moving faster now.  I will probably actually buy GM in the near future, since that fifteen-line scripting limit makes coding a challenge in efficiency and conciseness.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 03:18:44 PM »
I love how people buy GM even though SC is free and technically more powerful  :D

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 03:55:53 PM »
I love how people buy GM even though SC is free and technically more powerful  :D

How do you make money mike?
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »
I understand that, but I have projects going in GM plus I've never really gotten used to SC.   ;D