Topic:   Better "Submit Content"   (Read 4041 times)

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
Better "Submit Content"
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:10:55 PM »
Maybe a few more options for submit content? Like an "Attachments" button? Or a "Section" (Review, Article, etc) text area?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 03:44:03 PM by admin »

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

Re: Better "Sumbit Content"
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 02:18:41 PM »
Okay, I'll add that to my list of things to do.

Lately I've been working on stability issues with the GMG, because according to my logs it crashes randomly due to some of the code, so I'm trying to get that ironed out.

Ghost

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 03:29:02 PM »
Alright, sounds good. Thanks again ghost!

alias

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 04:53:47 AM »
It really is amazing how much uve added to the community here. Now all we need is a bigger community.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 10:17:57 AM »
Ya 21 people isn't a very big community.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 02:38:39 PM »
31 now... but I'm working on a better content submission system. Basically, the new system is an AJAX system where you select the category you want to submit to, and it automatically adjusts the form to prompt for the relevant information for that category (this includes a file upload field depending on the category). When you submit the content, it's sent to a "review panel" that I can access via a web interface, and I can approve/disapprove submissions. Once approved, they automatically appear in the right section.

You shouldn't expect this full system to be rolled out until Summer 2009-- but it's in the works. I think it'll encourage more community contributions.

Ghost