Topic:   Need Gamemaker the product   (Read 4164 times)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

Need Gamemaker the product
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:28:10 PM »
I've noticed that this site does not have any obvious links to the actual product of gamemaker. Any who stumbles on this site may not know what we are talking about and leave. I suugest a "What is gamemaker" page complete with screenshots and the demo.

p.s. What happened to Al? (no offense Ghost) Shouldn't he be on this website?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:34:21 PM by admin »
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

Re: Need Gamemaker the product
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 08:39:29 PM »
I've noticed that this site does not have any obvious links to the actual product of gamemaker. Any who stumbles on this site may not know what we are talking about and leave. I suugest a "What is gamemaker" page complete with screenshots and the demo.

p.s. What happened to Al? (no offense Ghost) Shouldn't he be on this website?

Al actively moderates the GameMaker forums (http://gmforums.macintoshdevelopers.net/), and he also has his own website, which is listed under the 'Developer's Sites' section of the GMG. Keep in mind this site isn't GameMaker specific, but rather beginner home-brew games using card-based game engines.

The average time spent on this website is 10 minutes, meaning people know what this site is about, and referrals tend to happen from the forums or Al's GameMaker site. This is supposed to be a central hub for the developer community, to announce, discuss, and get help with making and distributing games.

As per the description: The Game Maker's Garage provides news, game announcements, tutorials, downloads, and more to help create and distribute homebrew Macintosh games.

Cheers!
Ghost

jeremymaharg

• GMG Newbie

• Jeremymaharg Software
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 10:50:14 AM »
I think an About the GMG link on the top or bottom of the navigation menu would be a good idea. A newcomer to the site who has never heard of GameMaker would instantly know what the site is about that way.

Also, a link to the old GMG on the Wayback Archive would be nice, too...there are quite a few things in there that can still be useful...though some of it is outdated (Should I compile for 68K, FAT, or PPC?).
[url=http://

GMG Tim

• Administrator

• GMG-er

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 03:52:24 PM »
I added a subtitle to the main title, "The Mac Homebrew Game Community." Hopefully this will help people understand what the site is about.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 04:20:20 PM »
Good idea.

It's great to see the homebrew market increasing now as more and more people discover GM. Hopefully there'll be a few more games released by the end of the year.
I survived the spammage of 2007