Topic:   5 things you probably didn't know about Roguesoft   (Read 2813 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
5 things you probably didn't know about Roguesoft
« on: November 22, 2010, 07:36:24 AM »
Thing Numero 1: Roguesoft began with three active members, but after several weeks of poorly coordinated development over an RPG/boardgame hybrid, the list of active members dwindled to me. Our first proposed game was never released either.

Thing Numero 2:
The purple jumper wearing player sprite usually packaged as "Adventurer.gif" is rightly named "Robert the Rogue". I originally intended him to be Roguesoft's official mascot and the main player character sprite in all future RPGs. He never made it past the Moon Fable betas though.

Thing Numero 3:
Despite faulty memory, Moon Fable wasn't actually the first Roguesoft RPG implementing the grid navigation system. An earlier game entitled Spooky Castle bagan development immediately following the release of Epicus, but never progressed beyond two incredibly plain rooms and a moderately decent (for the day) random enemy encounter routine. It had a cool theme song though: (http://www.mediafire.com/?350i61d8a4365s3)

Thing Numero 4:
Roguesoft was very nearly Christened Lunarsoft. It wasn't until I Googled the name and discovered an existing company using it that I spawned the infamous name it bears today. Woodhaven and Sora weren't overly keen on the title, as it derived from my character's role in our Dungeons & Dragons party. But I loved it far too much to even consider changing it later on.

Thing Numero 5:
The idea of becoming video game designers arose from a conversation between three friends one sticky summer afternoon, whereby after much deliberation we decided that if nobody was going to make the adventure games we wanted to play, we'd have to make them ourselves.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:42:00 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: 5 things you probably didn't know about Rogues
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
Seems to me this is like the history of roguesoft.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:42:55 PM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 04:02:40 PM »
Numero 6: Silver actually made a few cents in his store, but it was too little to cash in on.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 05:26:23 PM »
Seems to me this is like the history of roguesoft.
Yeah, it kinda is actually. They're all historical facts, and soon to be myths when I fade away into the mysterious world of priestly studies...

Numero 6: Silver actually made a few cents in his store, but it was too little to cash in on.
Yeah, although most of the purchases were made by me! ;D Someone did buy a t-shirt though, and the thought that someone somewhere in the world is wearing my logo on their forefront makes me very exited!
I survived the spammage of 2007

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
Yeah, it kinda is actually. They're all historical facts, and soon to be myths when I fade away into the mysterious world of priestly studies...

Yeah, although most of the purchases were made by me! ;D Someone did buy a t-shirt though, and the thought that someone somewhere in the world is wearing my logo on their forefront makes me very exited!
The store you used didn't tell you who bought your stuff?  How will you know where to send the thank-you card to?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:11:36 PM by Charlo »