Topic:   Player Character Simulator   (Read 3038 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Player Character Simulator
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »
It's happened to every D&D group at some point; one of the guys can't make the session. In days gone past, this would result in a significant hindrance to the party, but no longer! With the PC Simulator, you can easily determine the actions of an absent player with 99% accuracy. Simply roll a d20 whenever the PC's initiative is called upon and compare the roll with the Result Chart to determine the PC's action.

(1) The PC attempts to summon Imps, regardless as to whether or not he/she has appropriate means.

(2) In a failed attempt at diplomacy, the PC says something incredibly insulting to the highest level NPC in the room. If multiple high level NPCs are present, the insult is directed at each of them.

(3) The PC attempts to use a magical item in a manner for which it was never intended. Each member of the party must make a savings throw vs Death Magic to survive the ensuing chaos.

(4) The PC takes evasive action.

(5) In an act of spontaneous cunning, the PC challenges the nearest NPC to a battle of wits.

(6) Something the PC ate earlier doesn't agree with his/her stomach. A savings throw vs poison is required to avoid indigestion.

(7) The PC takes interest in something extremely ordinary and becomes transfixed by its apparent uselessness. If the object belongs to an NPC, the PC offers his/her most valuable item as an exchange. If the object belongs to a member of the party, the PC immediately attacks them.

(8) If the the PC is in possession of a Necklace of Choking, he/she attempts to put it on.

(9) The PC develops a permanent disliking to the friendliest member of the party. From now on the PC will strongly object to anything they suggest and refuse to aid them in battle, even seizing any available opportunities to put them in danger.

(10) The PC drops his/her weapon and invokes the law of parley. If there are no enemies present the PC becomes confused and permanently reverses alignment.

(11) If there are any Wood Elves in the party, the PC attempts to chop down the nearest tree in sight. If the PC himself/herself is a Wood Elf, he/she blames the thoughtless destruction on another member of the party and takes violent action against them.

(12) From now on the PC shall respond to everything by shaking his/her head and repeating the phrase "Blame it on the Gods!"

(13) The PC wishes to dance.

(14) The PC suddenly realises that he/she has left some money at the last inn visited by the party. Only a successful Charisma roll with a -4 penalty can persuade him/her not to go back for it.

(15) The PC decides to mix and drink every potion in his/her possession, starting with the unlabelled ones.

(16) The PC dies.

(17) A gust of wind causes to PC to lose his/her balance. If there are any high ledges nearby, the PC tumbles over the nearest one. If there are no high ledges nearby, the PC lands on his/her sword arm and severely injures it, resulting in a -3 penalty to all attack rolls until the PC recovers with a full day of rest.

(18) For the duration of the next battle, the PC's Morale is treated as 2.

(19) The PC regards his/her companions with suspicion and refuses to share loot with them. If this results in a verbal argument between the PC and two or more members of the party, the PC will consider it "ganging up" and take violent action.

(20) If the PC is a Halfling, he/she succumbs to the inner urge to settle down and build a burrow. No attempts to persuade the PC otherwise will succeed, and the PC must permanently retire from his/her life of adventuring.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:34:10 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
Re: Player Character Simulator
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
Heh, I will have to test this at the next possible opportunity!
;D
However I'm thinking you may need to make a few modifications...
I'll let you know how it works out.
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
Ha! I just started playing DnD, and one PC is not there.luckily he was easy to guess "Visit local establishment to get hammered"
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
;D What world are you playing in?
I survived the spammage of 2007

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »
Made our own :D our DM's insanely good.
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 12:13:23 AM »
I must use this list if I ever play D&D again.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »
That reminds me I've been thinking I ought to read do some studying because i really want to try being DM...
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/