Topic:   GameMaker v3.9.94   (Read 11718 times)

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
GameMaker v3.9.94
« on: June 12, 2009, 04:39:11 PM »
GameMaker has been updated to v3.9.94. You can download the latest update patch from the GameMaker web site at http://www.macgamemaker.com

The latest fixes are as follows:

v3.9.94 - 6/12/09
-FIX: Using the command INVENTORY WINDOW made the inventory list invisible in certain situations.
-FIX: Using EXIT REPEAT inside an IF THEN structure was causing a script error in compiled games.
-FIX: Only 25 sounds could be shown in the Sound window. It should have been able to show up to 50 sounds and now does.

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
Re: GameMaker v3.9.94
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:56:10 PM »
Hey Al, can you send me the latest full release? mikerich88@earthlink.net

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:13:06 PM »
Hey Al, I think I've stumbled across a pathfinding glitch. After running a game in the editor, executing any command utilising a path (such as MOVIE, FILEIO or SPRITE) and then exiting run mode and returning to the editor, GameMaker encounters a problem accessing the temporary game file when I attempt to save.

I don't think it's much of a hindrance to anyone since TD and I are the only ones who use paths (and we can easily amend that), but I thought I'd report it nonetheless.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:34:15 PM »
OK. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I sort of been wanting to put out a minor update for importing files since no files show up as available to be imported in newer OS X versions.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »
Something I've occasionally pondered but never voiced is the possibility of a scrollbar for the textfield when content overflows. Is it unlikely to see the light of day before 4.0?

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
Oh! Oh! Another really useful feature would be a FLATTEN command to flatten everything in the picture area. It wouldn't necessarily have to remove sprites, just set the picture area's picture to a flattened version of what it looks like with sprites.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 07:32:54 AM »
Oh! Oh! Another really useful feature would be a FLATTEN command to flatten everything in the picture area. It wouldn't necessarily have to remove sprites, just set the picture area's picture to a flattened version of what it looks like with sprites.

Try this undocumented feature. I'm not sure how well it works when there's a movie or combination of certain items on screen. I never tested it enough to take the feature out of beta.

Grab whatever you see in the picture area using
GETPICTURE
Then you can show that on any card using
PICT

I just tried it by drawing a sprite on the card picture, using GETPICTURE, then going to another card and using PICT and it worked.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 08:13:07 AM »
Wow, I'll check that out.

EDIT:

Wow indeed, it works really well! Thanks Al.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 05:06:30 AM by Silverwind »

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 04:40:42 PM »
Me and TD just noticed that a line containing IF without THEN is ignored in execution. How peculiar...

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 05:07:25 PM »
If memory serves GM used to say "Error on line "such and such" IF without THEN. Or maybe I am just getting it mixed up with the END IF without IF THEN.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 08:40:01 AM »
Oh hey, a really useful option when creating a new game would be to have the "Don't use save alert" card property active by default, as it takes a long time to set the property on each card manually (and I always forget! ;D ).
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:40:57 AM by Silverwind »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »
But then people might accidentally quit without saving. (assuming they can save at any time)
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 03:17:16 PM »
Yeah, but for games without saving (like my super secret text based RPG adventure based on the forum RPG I was working on) it would be handy.

GabrielCA

• GMG-er

• no avatar

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 03:34:31 PM »
You can also check "Use Minimal File Menu" in the "Game Options" dialog box and make your own interface to saving games...
Creator of the deprecated plugin KeyDetect (2005)