Topic:   For a mere $60, look what you can get on PSN.   (Read 2411 times)

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
For a mere $60, look what you can get on PSN.
« on: December 19, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »
PSN + $60 = Gaming Heaven.

That's the equation I came up with last night. And it is so very true.

These days, games in stores will set you back at least $60. Now, for most people, $60 is a lot to be paying for a 10-12 hour game. But for those who would rather spend their $60 on 5 great games with a ton of gameplay, this thread is for you. I'll go over each of the Top 5 PSN games, and why you should have it in your collection. Keep in mind that all 5 of these great games will provide you with a ton more content then the usual store-bought game will. Read on, brave potential buyer!

(Every game on the list is trophy-enabled, but that was not an affecting factor to their placement. This is based on experience, fun factor, and lastability. As well, most of these games are PSN exclusive.)

1. Crash Commando (9.99)

Think Super Smash Brothers, Warhawk, and Stardust, mashed together with great maps, weapons, vehicles, to top it all off. Add on tier-based single player campaign, frantic and addictive online multiplayer (with voice chat too), unique game modes, and an awesome presentation (let's not forget the orchestral soundtrack) and you have yourself Crash Commando, one hell of a great game.

This is the best game currently available on the Playstation Network. Well worth your money for a ton of fun and lastability. It grabs the number one spot on my list.

2. Wipeout HD (19.99)

Do you like blazingly fast racing, power-packed weapons, competitive online modes, and event grid singleplayer races with selectable difficulties and unlockables? I know I do. Did I forget to mention the fully fleshed-out online modes, with lobbies, voice chats, and more?

There you go. Wipeout HD even beats some of the commercially/boxed racers out there. At $10 less then a greatest hits title, this is a must buy, and slides into slot 2.

3. Super Stardust HD (9.99)

This is classic arcade action at it's finest. It's asteroids, but bigger, faster, and more amazing. One look at the brilliant style of this game and you'll be hooked for long hours of dual-stick shooting on your PS3. Online leaderboards, 5 worlds, and co-op mode will make this game one of your favorites.

Pick it up, you won't be disappointed. Stardust explodes into the third slot on my list.

4. Bionic Commando Rearmed (9.99)

This is exactly the same as the old NES version... except with revamped graphics, difficulty, co-op modes, bosses, weapons, and, well, everything is better. This is not a PSN exclusive game, but that's no reason why you shouldn't pick it up. Many consider this the best downloadable game!

Lots of side-scrolling fun to be had here, the soundtrack is enough alone to pick up this game. Consider all the greatness that is BCR a bonus. Fourth slot, sir!

5. Pixeljunk Monsters (9.99)

Ever played those internet flash-based tower defense games? Ever played any RTS game? Merge them, add a unique art style, and addictive gameplay, and you have PixelJunk Monsters. Seriously, lastability is huge in this one. Gathering all the trophies and rainbows for all levels will take forever.

And what a fun forever that will be. PJM grabs the final spot on my list.

So lets do a final tally. Crash Commando (9.99), Wipeout (19.99), Stardust (9.99), BCR (9.99), and PJM (9.99) all add up to a total of... *drum roll*...

$60. Now look how much you're getting for that price. As a favour to all gamers out there, GET THESE GAMES. The cream of the downloadable crop is right there, infront of your eyes. Endless hours of fun await you, for a low, low price. What are you waiting for, get downloading!

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

Re: For a mere $60, look what you can get on PSN.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »
also i heard theres a remake of street fighter 2 for 15$, thats a great stuff for retro gamers like me, accept it dont even have or desire a next gen system

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 03:51:09 PM »
I'm still playing SCIV regularly. That's been my best buy for the system so far. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 03:53:22 PM »
ive been playing heavy shreddin for nes, i can beat the whole game easily now

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
Retro gaming FTW!