Topic:   Lost Winds - Refreshed Thread!   (Read 36355 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Re: Lost Winds - Refreshed Thread!
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2008, 08:12:36 PM »
I am planning on making a PSP (Player See Player) system very soon, however I will need a few things from you guys (mostly silver)

I know how to code one. I made a psp in my Sc online mmo system.

http://www.silvercreator.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sccode;action=display;num=1214862498

Once upon a time you had programmed a simple thing in which you had two games talk to eachother through textfiles and show two different people walking around. If you could upgrade that to v6 and send me it that would be apreciated.

I used to have it, but I can't find it. Though, I know there was one major flaw in the game. You had to use seperate clients to play. We need to make it so you can use the same client to play.

-Gandolf

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2008, 08:30:28 PM »
Great News!  :D

Hendo is almost done! I'm expecting to get the As code from him in the next hour to tomorrow.

-Gandolf

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »
Here is the code!  :D

Code: [Select]
property varname : (path to desktop as Unicode text) & "varname.txt"
property vardata : (path to desktop as Unicode text) & "vardata.txt"

on idle
   --read the file
   set what_to_do to do shell script "cat " & quoted form of POSIX path of varname

--determine what to do
   if (what_to_do is "Done") or (what_to_do is "Shut off") then
       if (what_to_do is "Shut off") then
           quit
       end if
   else
       --put your code here
       --change variable_data
       set variable_data to "Whatever you want the data to be"
       do shell script "echo " & quoted form of variable_data & " > " & quoted form of POSIX path of vardata
   end if

delay 0.1
end idle

on quit
   continue quit
end quit

This runs on the loop and does everything we need it to do. Ready to get started on the online awesomeness? (Updates every .1 second.)

-Gandolf

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2008, 10:14:13 PM »

I know how to code one. I made a psp in my Sc online mmo system.

http://www.silvercreator.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=sccode;action=display;num=1214862498
I can't help anymore than. it is your turn to carry the flag.
I used to have it, but I can't find it. Though, I know there was one major flaw in the game. You had to use seperate clients to play. We need to make it so you can use the same client to play.
I would be doing this, as well as making a simple way of interacting with the server.

Mist (PS. If you would still like my to try to make a system just let me know, otherwise I can only help with keeping the website's backend up to date)
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2008, 11:12:21 PM »
I can't help anymore than. it is your turn to carry the flag.

*Rubs hands together* This is what I've been waiting to do all week. :D

(PS. If you would still like my to try to make a system just let me know, otherwise I can only help with keeping the website's backend up to date)

Yes, we need to update the backend to certain specifications in order for the As app to work. Do you know what to do?

-Gandolf
P.S. Also, I will rebuild the Lw app to work with the As script, and what really screws me up is the chatting part. If the person writes a certain character, it messes with the php... I will need help with that, now with the psp, thats simple.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2008, 07:28:17 AM »

*Rubs hands together* This is what I've been waiting to do all week. :D

Yes, we need to update the backend to certain specifications in order for the As app to work. Do you know what to do?

-Gandolf
P.S. Also, I will rebuild the Lw app to work with the As script, and what really screws me up is the chatting part. If the person writes a certain character, it messes with the php... I will need help with that, now with the psp, thats simple.

PSP Already? HOLY SHIAT! What did I miss? Progress aplenty, I see!

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »
Hey Mistron, think you could build a separate Gmod for Lw without the key and have it hosted on either mine or your Gmg account?

-Gandolf

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2008, 08:55:20 AM »
Out of interest Mist, why would you need my online game test to be upgraded to V6? Here's the old version if you still need it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=41bf6bec539742b7d2db6fb9a8902bda
I survived the spammage of 2007

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2008, 01:42:40 PM »
I wanted to make a different system for doing PSP

However it turns out that gandolf had found a way to use sockets with GM (Instead of just SC, I don't know how you are suppossed to do it) and my much less efficient method is now no longer required.

My method would use HTTP as the protocol for connecting while his uses different sockets, somthing which my RedRasor server would not support.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »
Hey Mistron, think you could build a separate Gmod for Lw without the key and have it hosted on either mine or your Gmg account?

-Gandolf
Without the key?

HUH?

Mist (PS I think that I had already made that... Check the Applescripts that I made a while ago)
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »
Something like this:

Code: [Select]
BEGIN APPLESCRIPT user$ pass$
--login
return do shell script "curl http://redrasor.com/gmmmo/login.php -d usr=" & user & " -d pass=" & pass
END APPLESCRIPT = uid$

Where you don't need the key.

Also, instead of having many pages, maybe only 2. One for chat, and the other for everything else.

-Gandolf

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2008, 02:05:26 PM »
Because you are planning to do the PSP thing with sockets, why don't you just send the data to a centeral computer which is running the server that saves it fr you?

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »
Because you are planning to do the PSP thing with sockets, why don't you just send the data to a centeral computer which is running the server that saves it fr you?

Where did you get the idea I was going to make it with sockets? Php is way better, hold infinite amount of players, no extra lag when more than 5 people are online, can hold much more data, more organized. Much more convenient too.

The psp I did with sockets can easily be done with php, I just need the php server thing up and working with As so I can start on the php psp. I'm going to use fake arrays to speed up the data transfer process tremendously.

-Gandolf

Mystor

• GMG-er

« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2008, 05:38:00 PM »
sure, sounds cool

My plan was to have a supporting flash application that would constantly check these text files which would contain the information required to run the game.

it would also do the syncing with the server and manage the games properties.

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2008, 06:04:55 PM »
Ah cool. Which do you want to use, Flash or AppleScript? Will we need a window open for Flash?

-Gandolf