Topic:   Rokeno Progress Topic   (Read 11938 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Rokeno Progress Topic
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:22:20 PM »
I don't really think there is enough progress done on this to start a progress topic, but I don't want anyone to think I am not working on a GM game.

So basically there is this sword known as the Rokeno. Supposedly this sword kept peace in the land. Now here comes why its supposedly, One day and EVIL BLACKGUARD comes into the land and breaks the Rokeno. Now all the bad can get into the land and destroy buildings and stuff. This Blackguard knew that people die eventually so he devised a potion on immortality (of course) and now he lives forever and the only way to kill him is with the BROKEN SWORD. So 137 years later you come along and decide to put the sword together and kill the EVIL BLACKGUARD. With you being weaker than old ladies, dumber then the town idiot, and slower than the local snail you will get strong, smart, and fast, put the Rokeno back together, go to the EVIL BLACKGUARD, Fred (ya I know isn't that a great name for a villain), and cut off his head. (Or something gruesome fitting his demise.)

So what do you think? I currently have a large portion of the battle engine done and I have a portion of the World Map done.

P.S. Silverwind this was the game I was talking to you about incase you were wondering.

I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
Re: Rokeno Progress Topic
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:15:55 AM »
Sounds pretty good indeed. I think there's a great build up for a humorous touch as well if you're going that way. For example in the dialogue regarding the Blackguard's acts: "So now, with the only means of his death shattered in pieces, and no one capable of challenging his power, all tremble at his name... Fred!" or something like that.

Glad to hear progress is coming along anyway. :)

EDIT:

I was thinking of attempting a few armored sprites sometime, such as a leather clad ranger and a knight in platemail. If I get the knight finished in time you could use it for the Blackguard if you wanted.

EDIT AGAIN:

Knight spelled night?! Man, this cold is effecting my very grammar!
 ::) Fixed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:21:12 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 09:39:09 AM »
Sounds great, I was think of when you meet him it sound like this:

Fred: All will tremble before my power I am the Great Powerful FREDRICK!!!!
You: Can I call you Freddy?
Fred: NO!!! How dare you insult me with such a name.
You: How about Fred?
Fred: AHH! DIE!
Enters Battle

See great stuff oh and you are not weaker than old ladies and dumber than the village idiot however you are still slower than the local snail.
All these things shall be fixed soon you will BE the village idiot You will BE the same strength as an old lady and you will go at the same speed of the local snail.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:05:23 AM by Tireas_Dragon »
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:55:53 AM »
Sounds pretty good indeed. I think there's a great build up for a humorous touch as well if you're going that way. For example in the dialogue regarding the Blackguard's acts: "So now, with the only means of his death shattered in pieces, and no one capable of challenging his power, all tremble at his name... Fred!" or something like that.

Glad to hear progress is coming along anyway. :)

EDIT:

I was thinking of attempting a few armored sprites sometime, such as a leather clad ranger and a knight in platemail. If I get the knight finished in time you could use it for the Blackguard if you wanted.

EDIT AGAIN:

Knight spelled night?! Man, this cold is effecting my very grammar!
 ::) Fixed.

:O You have a cold too? Wow, it's really going around! Hope all who have this cold (including me) feel better! :D

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:13 AM »
Yeah, I think I got it at the last bowling competition. It soon spread to the whole family, then to our town's mare's family, then Terry Pratchet, then the characters in his books, and now the whole of Discworld is in turmoil! Well... mild chaos at best, but still.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:26:00 AM by Silverwind »

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:19:56 AM »
AHHHHH at that rate soon the whole world will be sick with a cold I estimate 3 days.

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 04:52:48 PM »
I haven't got it yet...

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 06:08:10 PM »
Just got rid of my cold.

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 09:55:57 AM »
Maybe I was wrong, but just yesterday I had a terrible headache.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
So for Rokeno I am going to use a spell book that you have and when you want to cast a spell it shows the spells in your spell book. How does that sound?

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 02:43:40 PM »
It sounds a lot like every other RPG...

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 09:31:07 PM »
I think you should go with this idea. Inspiration, go out on a limb. See if the limb can hold your weight or if it will snap and you will fall 20 feet to your doom.

Either way it should be greatly entertaining. I would like to see what kind of ideas you have for this game. It is definitely something new introduced to Gm.

-Gandolf

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 10:23:01 PM »
I am using most of the engines I developed for this game. When you play this you will also see something never before done in GM and I think most of you will like it. Well anyway I have the basic layout for the spells done just need a few touchups on them. Now pretty much all I need are a few monsters (stats and stuff not picture), a few spells (what they do how much damage and mana cost), and few quest ideas. If you like you can contribute Ideas.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 03:12:21 AM »
When you play this you will also see something never before done in GM and I think most of you will like it.
Oh? Oh indeed! Well in that case I can't wait to play it. :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:14:13 AM by Silverwind »

Mystor

• GMG-er

• I am the myst that consumes us all.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 05:34:23 PM »
I was sick all weekend :(

Mist
"I'll lie to him."
"And if that doesn't work?"
"Then I'll tell the truth. We're allowed to do that, in emergencies. We can't plan for everything, you know."
   -Colonel Graff, Ender&