Topic:   Gan is back in business!   (Read 3485 times)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

Gan is back in business!
« on: July 10, 2011, 07:15:17 PM »
Great news! I completely filled my hard drive into a hardly useable state, upgraded to a 1 TB HD(from 160GB), cleaned my desktop, jail broke my phone, completely obliterated it, fixed it and am now back after weeks of not touching any not-work-related code.

Yeah, I'm gonna stop playing with Blender 24/7 and get back to my desperately deprived coding projects. Hopefully that means I'll be much more active on these forums and will soon have some awesome sword wielding games to show.

How have you guys been? Working on projects? Exploring the treacherous Sahara desert? Or just procrastinating like I've been?

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
Re: Gan is back in business!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:07:23 PM »
YAY!!!!!
I've been procrastinating a lot. Now that you're back, will you help out with sprite nav?
Kirby, your pudgy buddy from dream land, is back again on the game boy®!

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
Sure, what sprite nav is this?

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:31:34 AM »
Thank goodness you're back Gan; things have changed since you've been gone... changed for the worse, ever since Gnome took over. I can just about stand the 23 hours shifts, but the fluffy neon uniforms... GAH!!!

Anyways, sounds like you've had a good time. How did you go about unlocking your iPhone? I heard you can do it for free from a home computer, but I wasn't sure if it was safe or not. (I'm assuming it was the network you unlocked?)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 10:36:27 AM »
Unlocking an iPhone with a computer? Nah, you just go to the hardware store to get a key made.

Zoo

• GMG Extraordinaire

• My Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
Sure, what sprite nav is this?
Oh, you know, the zombie game. You made the intro video, remember? SpriteNav is it's developement name.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
You and Silver are back, apparently?

I'd welcome you, but I've been gone too ;)

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:47:10 PM »
Thank goodness you're back Gan; things have changed since you've been gone... changed for the worse, ever since Gnome took over. I can just about stand the 23 hours shifts, but the fluffy neon uniforms... GAH!!!

Anyways, sounds like you've had a good time. How did you go about unlocking your iPhone? I heard you can do it for free from a home computer, but I wasn't sure if it was safe or not. (I'm assuming it was the network you unlocked?)
Ah Gnome, I'm seriously disappointed. You completely forgot the capes!

Well Silver, I jailbroke my phone. Using jailbreakme.com I gained the ability to run unsigned code. I didn't actually unlock it, I'm on a carrier I'm fairly happy with at the moment: Verizon.

Oh, you know, the zombie game. You made the intro video, remember? SpriteNav is it's developement name.
Hmm I'm going to have to check this out. I can certainly help with overcoming an obstacle in code but can't promise any helping with game progress.

You and Silver are back, apparently?  

I'd welcome you, but I've been gone too  ;)
Awesome! I guess the 3 of us have returned ready to rock and roll.

I did some coding late last night but I apologize for my lack of time tonight. I, ehm, spent it with a certain lady friend.

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »
Hey look! Posts! I haven't heard from you guys for a while. ;D

Gan is alive! XD

Really it's good to see people posting here. I've been "working on" Light Maze, I need to set aside some time to really get cracking on some new features. And I tried to keep Spritenav going, it could become a fun game. But Eq is nowhere to be seen so coding has been passed onto basically whoever wants to. I'm gonna try and finish a level editor and spark some interest in this project.

Hi Silverwind! :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:16:28 PM by Connors »
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/