Topic:   Neo Sprite   (Read 21604 times)

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: Neo Sprite
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 10:06:00 AM »
Well I came up with it because it seems there was a problem when using the space in the string 112 times and I wasn't getting all my numbers in the string couldn't handle the words and stopped at 235 or so. When I added that to the code did it double the size but I think the 235 glitch is still there. (looks at Al to fix that glitch)
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

EqwanoX

• Administrator

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:16 AM »
in the sc version of v5 you can have maps larger than the screen and it scrolls as you walk, does gm's version have that yet?

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 10:12:03 AM »
Wait I figured out this glitch.
You can only declare 235 values at a time in a string this can be avoided by
X$ = "-235 characters-"
Y$ = "-last 20 characters-"
X$ = X$ + Y$
That will get around the 235 glitch
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 10:16:20 AM »
in the sc version of v5 you can have maps larger than the screen and it scrolls as you walk, does gm's version have that yet?
Well can't SC have 5000 lines of code on a card so of course you would be able to make bigger maps on less cards.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 12:24:29 PM »
Once I nail this down though, I imagine making a level designer app wouldn't be so hard. Just something that lets you click grid spaces on (travel) or off (no travel) and returns the gridlayout$ value so you can copy and paste it into the actual game.
I started one of those awhile ago. I was gonna have a sprite pallet on the right side of the screen where you could click on a sprite to copy it and click a grid space to paste it. I was gonna allow the player to set each sprite's collision class so that you could hold dozens of classes, instead of just "wall" and "empty". ( for example, you could have "water" and "thorns" and so on) I realized 2 important things however:

1: GM can't handle the required amount of sprites to work the engine.

2: Seeing as how the engine couldn't actually save the picture, only the gridlayout$ value to a text file so that I could copy and paste it into the editor, I wouldn't actually be saving any time at all. I'm much faster just typing 1's and 0's in the editor.
I survived the spammage of 2007

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29:34 PM »
I'll be using that in Roguesoft's RPG Engine. That's the engine I'm gonna attempt a shareware game with. I was hoping to build it in 4.0 but there's no point putting it off much longer, as it'll probably take awhile for Al to implement all the cool ideas floating around. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007