Topic:   What is everyone up to now.   (Read 12961 times)

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

What is everyone up to now.
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:40:02 PM »
It amazes me how we have known eachother for years, but know absolutely nothing about eachother.

So what is everyone up to? What are you're hobbies? what's your all time favorite game?

Now is the time to be "new" and not be ridiculed!

Hi, my name's Gnome!
I'm a master of never finishing anything! I was working on a flash called "Ramul and Friends" but it got 20% done and died. I am right now working to become an eagle scout, and just finished hiking through the desert with my troop over the summer!
I play X-Box, and inherited an obscenely large collection of games from 1978-on I even have a virtual boy!

Right now, I'm learning Obj-C and playing MMOs, also learning how to drive and such.

And you are?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:43:34 PM by Gnome_Again »
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Swamp7hing

• GMG-er

• I come from the swamps.
Re: What is everyone up to now.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »
Sounds good. :)

I go by Swamp7hing, but my actual name is Alex.
I'm currently attending university and working towards a degree in Media Theory and Production, accompanied by a diploma in Television Production and Broadcasting.
I've always been a gamer, ever since I got my first PS2. I'm a big fan of Naughty Dog's work - cinematic experiences in games really gets me.
I'm a film geek, I love creative writing (working on a few scripts in Final Draft right now), and I have a knack for getting distracted from what I should be doing.

Anyone else?

Jinxycat

• GMG-er

• YOUR AD HERE
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:22:11 AM »
Hmmm...

My name's Jinxycat because I can't pronounce my real name.
As of now, I've just been hired by Toys R Us and am working as part of their Christmas staff.
I really want to be a published writer, and am getting ever closer to my goal by the day.
I know nothing about programming, occasionally I glance over my older brother Silverwind's shoulder and think of the wondrous things I could do if I bothered to learn.

I appear to be the only female member of the GMG site.

Next?
"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting".   - John Russel

GMG Mike

• Administrator

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• mikerichardson.name
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »
Well, if you didn't know, I run an online store called adoptamac.com where I sell used Macs and parts and such. Check it out if you need parts or maybe a used iBook G4.

I also buy Mac laptops, and possibly iMacs, for example, I am currently in the process of buying WarHampster's old MacBook so I can refurbish it and sell it in the store.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:18:22 AM »
Indeed :)

I think you guys all know me pretty well...

Fun facts:

I'm captain of my school's cross country team (which is a joke), its debate team (which is not a joke), and am set designer for the winter musicals.  

I'm working on various software projects but I've decided that going forward I'm not going to "announce" things until they are presentable.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 08:22:48 AM by WarHampster »

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »
Hi I'm Gandolf and I'm an alcoh... *cough* programmer.

My real name's Matthew. Computers and technology fascinate me. Since little I've always wanted to be able to make them do stuff. I'm not a gamer, for some odd reason I get bored while playing them. Though I do love Wii fit parties. Whole bunch of friends, good food, big screen tv, and the Wii...

In my free time I strive to learn more about programming and make awesome stuff. Currently I'm working on a few projects that are a little exciting. Though secret.

I tend to procrastinate on hw a lot. I don't study for tests but I somehow land in the top 10% of my class. I love Cross Country and despise the swimming sport. I like to swim, I hate competing in freezing water.

As for college, I'm a senior and am applying for MIT, CalTech, Rice, and Harvard. Next year hopefully I'll be at one of those colleges.

I've never had a girlfriend. One of my friends say I'm lucky. She has been in a few relationships and now says it is better to be single. At least for highschool.

One of my major dreams is to work at Apple. Make something amazing.

-Gan
P.S. I don't know why I always sign my name at the end. I just do.

WarHampster

• GMG Extraordinaire

• The People's Moderator
    • Arcade of the Absurd
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »
[size=10]Signing forum posts is soooo pretentious[/size]

I've always wanted to say that!

Gan, do you still debate?

Gan

• Administrator

• ^ This guy is amazing.

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
Signing forum posts is soooo pretentious
Ouch, that hurts...

No I don't debate, not enough time.

[size=10]I guess I can try not signing my name.[/size]

Charlo

• GMG-er

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 05:53:55 PM »
I'm Charlo, real name Charles.  20 years old, male, from the good ol' US of A.  I've been using GameMaker on and off since I was in 6th grade, so that would be almost a decade now.  Ever since I got my first computer (a g3 iMac) when I was 10, I've wanted to create things with it.  

Schooling wise, I am currently attending a technical college, studying to become a programmer/analyst.  I'm almost done with the program; just need to complete an internship and I'll be thrust, kicking and screaming, into the real world.  I would love to do back-end coding work on websites for a living, but anything where I get to program is fine with me.

Aside from programming, my main hobby is Scrabble.  I'm one of the best in the nation (okay, I exaggerated, I'm in the top 200...) and have grander aspirations.  I spend much (maybe too much) of my free time studying the dictionary to improve my skills.

Other hobbies include writing, listening to metal, music composition, the Dance Dance Revolution simulator Stepmania, watching pro basketball, PC gaming, and expanding my collection of metal CD's.  I've always wanted to get into drawing/painting but have too much other stuff going on.  I'm particularly interested in logo design, but I never do more than doodles.

I also have an identical twin brother.  He's studying to be a programmer like me, but never got into game-creation tools like I did.  We are pretty close, and it's great to have somebody to talk programming with.

That's all.  It's fun reading these!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:55:12 PM by Charlo »

GabrielCA

• GMG-er

• no avatar

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 07:32:12 PM »
My current hobby is this :

http://projecteuler.net

My small set of skills has allowed me to solve 47 problems so far. I hope one day I'll be skilled enough in mathematics and programming to solve much more.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:34:16 PM by GabrielCA »
Creator of the deprecated plugin KeyDetect (2005)

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 03:29:33 PM »
     Hi my name's Connors and my real name is Connor. XD
I'm currently an 11th grader, and I live in Albuquerque NM. I found Game Maker about 6 or 7 years ago, I forget, and I loved it, but I didn't do much game making until I picked it up again in '09, and then I decided I liked Silver Creator.   (EDIT: did I mention I used Game Maker for OS 7??)   I'm currently in an animation class.
     My current project is learning TNTBasic and I'm also trying to make a single player puzzle/reflex game using the code from the Tron tutorial. I plan on looking at the tile maps soon as well.
http://www.TNTBasic.com I have a web page at https://sites.google.com/site/onronc/ that hasn't been updated in a while because I haven't made anything worth uploading.
I also have these accounts:
http://onronc.deviantart.com
http://www.youtube.com/CapnConnors
and Facebook.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:25:56 PM by Connors »
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »
Oooh! I tried downloading Dungeon Escape from your website Con, but it came out all scrambled an un-decompressable. Is the file corrupt? I'd love to play it. :)
I survived the spammage of 2007

Teruri

• GMG-er

• This personal text couldn\'t be worse
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:31 AM »
Hi I'm Teruri, but my real name is Bart. As you may know I'm from the Netherlands. I've learned English from playing Pokémon Silver. Lots of playing. Indeed, I'm a huge Pokémon fan (to this day, actually).
This is also what sparked my interest in making games. I wanted to created my own Pokémon Games. I did this in the form of rom hacking. Some say I'm quite good, but I don't have the time to continue doing this.

I'm currently in my first year of higher education, called HBO ("Hoger Beroeps Onderwijs") in Dutch, roughly translatable as 'Higher Education for labour' (pretty crappy translation). It basically means a mix of theory and practice, not just theory.
I'm taking the Computer Science class. We mainly learn how to use Java.

My other hobby is writing (in Dutch). I'm working on a novel. The story is done, but now I'll have to rewrite it (but that's kinda boring). I'd like to send it to a publisher one day, get published and get rich.
Max 500; characters remaining: 466

Xiphos

• GMG-er

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »
Hey I'm Xiphos, but my real name is Tomislav. I've from jersey. I'm a freshman in high school.

My hobbies are collecting used records, playing guitar, and I like going to the gym with my friends. I also really like to program, but have yet to really make something good.

Music wise I like listening to nice music that makes me feel good, sometimes slow and other times fast. I like Streetlight Manifesto, The Doors, and the Pixies.

My favorite movie of all time is Fight Club and my favorite song of all time (and band) is Where is my Mind, by the Pixies (who I found through Fight Club). Though I do love LOTR and can't wait for The Hobbit to come out.

I spend much of my time at the movies or watching movies on netflix (or doing anything else I can do that isn't my homework and productive.)

Recently I've been spending my time trying to learn to play guitar, learned Smoke on the Water (which if you don't play guitar I can impress you with and if you do, you won't care) and am now learning the blues.

I'm listening to Abbey Road Vinyl right now. And that is all.

To Swamp: I love PS2 and Naughty Dog as well. Fell in love with their Jak and Daxter series. I like to write scripts as well.

To Jinx: Yeah it seems that way.

To Connors: Aaaaaaallllllberquerque.

To Gandolf:

-Xiphos
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 07:22:13 PM by Xiphos »

Connors

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• It's a secret to everyone...
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 09:20:30 PM »
Oooh! I tried downloading Dungeon Escape from your website Con, but it came out all scrambled an un-decompressable. Is the file corrupt? I'd love to play it. :)
EDIT: I tried the link and it worked OK when I used Stuffit Expander. Also, I ported that to SC because it's free and I want to finish it with SC eventually so then I can show everyone...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 09:26:33 PM by Connors »
Warning: The above post may have been modified multiple times.

"In a great game, the character must never perfectly obey the user's command"
 - Tim Rogers

http://connorspuzzles.tumblr.com/