Topic:   QoM Secrets & Glitches   (Read 10144 times)

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
QoM Secrets & Glitches
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:34:53 AM »
During a recent replay of Quest of Magic I discovered some peculiar glitches, as well as a couple of secrets I'd completely forgotten about.

If you're a human, the Orc Champion's name is changed to Orc War Hero when it speaks for some reason, but only on certain cards. Similarly, one of the Drow variants says something along the lines of "Is this what the surface sends to recover the amulet? A mere human/elf/dwarf? Bah, what mockery!". In the early days of development, the artifact was in fact an amulet that would allow the Underdark dwellers to survive in the sunlight, but it was later changed to a sword with no elaboration as to its powers. I mustn't have updated the Drow's speech dialogue.

As for secrets, did you know that there's actually two secret rooms in the imp dungeon? The second one is hidden behind the wall opposite the ladder leading down to the stone dungeon, so you'll have to take the ladder back up again to reach it. Furthermore, typing "RS" in front of the cheat tree gives you the Roguesoft Sword and Divine Lamellar armor. I don't even remember adding that one.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, how many of you found the treasure chest that washes ashore near Lanburgh?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:37:39 AM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
Re: QoM Secrets & Glitches
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:51:28 AM »
Well I found the chest by accident. Also, I was typing random text in front of the tree so I also accidentally found the super weapons. Never noticed the amulet text or the Orc War Hero thing.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Gnome

• GMG Extraordinaire

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »
Anyone else use the secret race?  ;D
This Cannot be, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

-Gnomes Cry when the McRib was discontinued again.

Silverwind

• ^ This guy is amazing.

• For the glory of my maker
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
I do! ;D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:08:09 PM by Silverwind »
I survived the spammage of 2007

Tireas Dragon

• GMG Extraordinaire

• Trying to recover from my shattered screen.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 12:11:54 AM »
I like the gnomes they start with a bonus trinket.
I must be dreaming (wake up me wake up) How could this have happened. Tireas' cry when he found his computer fallen over in his chair with it's screen shattered.

Al Staffieri

• GMG-er

• no avatar

• I love GameMaker
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 11:50:13 PM »
Guess I'll have to play this game again.